The Energy Star Difference!
Many builders may say they build energy-efficient homes, but only a few take the additional steps to ensure their homes meet the most current and stringent requirements of ENERGY STAR®. Energy Star features include:
- Highly Efficient HVAC system
- Low E Insulated Window and Doors
- Reflective roofing system
- Exterior envelope tested and inspected for water proofing
- Low VOC Paints
- LED Lighting
- Tank-less Hot Water Heaters.
- Gas Range.
- Energy Star blower door testing on every home.
It’s the little label with the big message: Better is Better.
SOHO Green is pleased to provide rating services to certify new homes earning the ENERGY STAR® label. The ENERGY STAR label on a home means that it has been designed and built to standards well above other homes in the market today. It means better quality, better comfort, and better durability. It also means that the home is a better value for today, and a better investment for tomorrow. The ENERGY STAR label gives homeowners the peace of mind that their home has undergone a better process for inspections, testing, and verification to ensure that it meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). ENERGY STAR certified homes are better because they are designed and built to provide homeowners:
Peace of Mind. The result of a home that’s built better.
With the ENERGY STAR label on a new home, homeowners can be confident that it will deliver. When ENERGY STAR requirements are applied to new home construction, an integrated approach to design combined with tried-and-true best building practices adds up to a durable, comfortable home with reduced utility and maintenance costs. All ENERGY STAR certified homes have undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure that they are built to higher standards.
Enduring Quality. Better systems make all the difference.
Purchasing a new home is a big investment, so it’s important to be sure that it’s built to last. We’ve ensured that builders of new ENERGY STAR certified homes have designed them to include value-adding energy efficiency features, and a combination of materials and equipment that will deliver better performance.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes include features like:
- A complete Thermal Enclosure System that includes comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows, to deliver improved comfort and lower utility bills.
- A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System that is designed and installed for optimal performance.
- A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage.
- Energy-efficient Lighting and Appliances to help keep utility bills low, while providing high-quality performance and longevity.
Wall-to-Wall Comfort. A better way to live.
Ask anyone who lives in an ENERGY STAR certified home to go back to their old home. You’ll likely hear that there’s no way they’ll give up the comfort that came with the ENERGY STAR label on their new home. From the moment you walk in the door of an ENERGY STAR certified home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference.
Proven Value. A better investment for today and tomorrow.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes, making them a better value for today and a better investment for tomorrow. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 20-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR certified new homes at http://www.energystar.gov/newhomes